Each group is led by trained facilitators and educators.
We do not provide professional counseling or emergency mental health treatment.
If you are in crisis, please call the National Lifeline at 1.800.273.8255,
text TALK to 741741, or go to your nearest emergency room.
Communication has always been really important to me when struggling
with mental health... Having someone to talk to makes all the difference.
-Liv S, 18, Philadelphia
of Peer Support
• We aim to inspire all people to live well
• We believe in the power of all people to grow
• We acknowledge and celebrate our strengths
• We expect each other to be kind and compassionate
• We find comfort and strength in sharing experiences
• We offer support rather than advice
• We accept we cannot solve other people’s problems
• We embrace humor as a healthy coping strategy
• We reject stigma and will not tolerate discrimination
• We respect and maintain confidentiality at all times
• We know we cannot judge the quality or quantity of another person’s pain
All 60-70 minute groups will open about five minutes prior to the start time,
and follow the same format:
* Brief introduction to LiveWell & Peers
* LiveWell Teens Strategy Related Discussion
* Group Reflection & Takeaways
* Short Closing Meditation.
Please join group 5 minutes prior to start time in order to complete Teen Consent Form.
Numerous studies are already reporting that students are experiencing mental health declines from COVID-19 effects. In order to ensure that teens have access to relevant psychoeducational resources in this new academic landscape and precarious time, we are hosting online teen support groups. Each session follows the same 60-70 minute format:
Introduction to the program, peers, and community guidelines
Exploration of the specific strategy and necessary terms
A group discussion around a tailored activity and/or conversation prompt
Useful takeaways to implement
A brief closing meditation
The 10 LiveWell Teen Strategies at the center of this program bring together multiple evidence-based interventions for teens and young adults into
one integrated package.
Each of the strategies is proven to help teens better monitor and manage their moods, increase wellbeing, and reduce depression symptoms and relapses.
The standards for the LiveWell Teens Curriculum and Strategies were created through focus groups with students, conversations with education and mental-health based advocacy groups, surveys with public, private, and charter school faculty and administration, and evidence-based
research on interventional and psychoeducational best practices.
Counselors and teachers are working overtime to meet the mental health needs of students. We believe our services can be used as an easily accessible tool to help fill the gap. Now more than ever -- in the midst of social isolation, existential dread, and ubiquitous insecurity -- LiveWell Teens can play a critical part in the success of adolescents reaching their full potential.
Monitor & Manage Moods
Learn to regulate emotions
Disrupt negative thinking
Maintain emotional wellbeing
Build a mindfulness practice
Grow internal resources
Align actions with values
Build a supportive network
Empower yourself and others
Challenge cultural and societal mental health stigma